Jean Rees Centre

• Type of SEND provision:

Description

The Jean Rees Centre is part of the Elmwood & Penrose Federation.

The Jean Rees Centre is a specialist 6th Form for students aged 16 to 19 years old with PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), MLD (Moderate Learning Difficulties), SEMH (Social Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) and complex medical needs. The Jean Rees Centre is located on the Chilton Trinity School site, Chilton Street, Bridgwater.

The Jean Rees Centre is the part of the Elmwood School which is one of two special schools in the Elmwood & Penrose Federation. We have a number of pathways a student can follow depending on their individual needs.
Our Post-16 Curriculum Pathways enable all students to continue to learn in English, Maths and ICT whilst they also follow learning programmes within the four areas of the Preparing for Adulthood Framework.

Elmwood & Penrose Federation comprises of two schools that are part of the all through (4-19 years) school approach to providing a different educational experience for students in Sedgemoor and other areas of Somerset and surrounding counties. Students who attend our schools all have Education Health and Care Plans and are referred to us from the SEND Panel at Somerset County Council.

Our Federation mantra is ‘Believe you can’. We have high expectations for our students and prepare our students for life and work. Core to this is the development of growing independence, Transitions between primary, secondary and out 6th Form provision are important milestones in every child’s life and we believe that these should be marked as rights’ of passage to adulthood for all children and young people. Our Federation is proud to be able to offer new and well resourced facilities and being an active part of the local community.

We are a Rights Respecting School.

Get directions

General info

Further information

• Are you eligible
  • The Centre works with young adults who have significant learning challenges and for some, accompanying social, emotional and mental health issues manifesting in challenging behaviour.

• How to access
  • Contact provider for details

• When is it available
  • Contact provider for details