Action for Children

  • Type of SEND provision:


Action for Children supports and speaks out for the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people in the UK

They help children through fostering or adoption, make life better for children with disabilities and influence policy and advocate for change.

They offer practical advice and support to help you and your family.

Special educational needs and disabilites information

All schools, childcare and SEND providers must make their policy and provision for children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) available on their website. This is usually published in the provider's SEN information report. This link takes you to where you can find this provider's SEN information report.

If you cannot find what you are looking for or you have questions about the provider's SEN provision, you should contact the provider directly.

We usually hold some information about a provider's policy and provision and you can find what we do hold here.

Get directions

General info

Further information

  • Are you eligible
  • If you have a disabled child, Action for Children offer a range of short breaks including community, residential short breaks, family-based breaks or support in your own home. These are tailored to your child’s needs and what they want to do. They also provide a range of services from early support to helping disabled young people prepare for adulthood.

  • How to access
  • Visit their website to find services and support near you.

  • When is it available
  • Helpline open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday