Since September 2014 some of the laws and requirements for services that support children and young people with special educational needs and or disabilities (SEND) have changed.
You can find out more about who is required to do what in:
The 5 key changes brought about by the SEND reforms are:
- Families and young people at the heart of the process
- Education Health and Care working together
- 0 to 25 provision – where appropriate
- Personal Budgets – offering choice and control
- Local Offers – relevant information in one place
Local Offer websites have information for families, young people and others
A Local Offer has information about
- Changes to SEND services
- Explaining what the changes mean
- The support that services from education health and social care may be able to offer families and young people.
You can read more about Local Offers in Chapter 4 of the: SEND Code of Practice 2015