This is the early access version of the new Somerset Choices 0-25 website. Some things may be missing or not work yet.
You can give us feedback to help make the site better.

Medical tuition

If you have an Education Health and Care plan after the age of 16

All young people must stay in a designated learning environment until the age of 18. This does not necessarily mean staying in school, it could be full time study in a school, college or training provider, full time work or volunteering combined with part-time education or training, or an apprenticeship or traineeship. You can find out more about the options in the ‘Preparing for adult life‘ section of the site.

Young people with EHC plans may need longer in education or training to achieve their outcomes and make an effective transition into adult life, so if necessary the EHC plan can stay in place until the young person is 25 years old, although this is not an automatic entitlement or requirement.

Was this page useful?