Together we have developed a set of documents that say what we expect to be available for everyone who attends an educational setting in Somerset. These documents are called the Core Standards.
We have worked with
- Nurseries and pre-schools
- Support services for educational settings
- Young people
The Core Standards were designed to make sure that all educational settings understand and comply with updated legislation. They make it clear ‘what to expect’ in terms of what is provided, and are written for parents, children and young people, school staff and those who provide services to families.
- An Introduction to the Core Standards
- Core Standards for Early Years Settings
- Core Standards for Schools
- Core Standards for Post-16 providers
- Core Standards for Cognition and Learning Difficulties
- Core Standards for Communication and Interaction Difficulties
- Core Standards for Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- Core Standards for Physical and Medical Difficulties
- Core Standards for Hearing Impairment
- Core Standards for Visual Impairment
- A resource pack containing useful guides to local provisions, training directories
- A self-evaluation tool for rating your setting’s compliance with the Core Standards
Our Young People’s Champions have recorded this video, to explain what the core standards are all about.