This is the early access version of the new Somerset Choices 0-25 website. Some things may be missing or not work yet.
You can give us feedback to help make the site better.

Support moving to higher education

Support for young people going through educational transitions

You can find information about moving to higher education on the Apply to transfer schools page on the Somerset County Council website.

Somerset Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIAS) is a local authority funded service providing advice and support for children and young people going through educational transitions, such as moving from primary to secondary education, or moving from secondary education to college.

Careers South West provides independent and impartial information, advice, guidance and practical help for young people aged 13 to 19, and in certain circumstances helps people with learning difficulties or disabilities up to the age of 25.

View the core standards of education support that the local authority expects to be available for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.

Was this page useful?