Higher education describes post-18 learning that takes place at universities and other colleges and institutions that award academic degrees, professional qualifications and Continuing Professional Development modules.

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA)

A higher education student living in England can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance if they have a:

  • disability
  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty like dyslexia

You can find more information about Disabled Students Allowances here.

Study Up Somerset

Study Up Somerset has been created to help you find out more about the wide range of Degrees, Foundation Degrees, Degree Apprenticeships, Higher Education, Professional Qualifications and courses on offer in Somerset and how to access them.