Somerset schools include mainstream schools, special schools and a range of specialist units to address SEN.
There are 6 colleges providing Further Education opportunities.
There are approximately 900 early years providers including opportunity groups.
There is a range of alternative education for children and young people who are out of school.
You can find details of each school and what they provide for children and young people with special educational needs and disability.
Lists of Schools and Colleges
- Details of all schools in Somerset
- National list of independent and non- maintained schools
- List of Independent Special Institutions approved under Section 41 of the Children and Families Act 2014
- Details of Further Education Colleges in Somerset
- National list of all Independent Specialist College (Post 16) Providers
View the core standards of education support that the local authority expects to be available for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
You can find information about education and children’s services on the Department of Education website.