If you need to complain about an early years setting or childcare provider, you should first approach them directly. All early years settings (including childminders) must have a complaints procedure and they should investigate your concern and tell you about any action they have taken to improve.

Most complaints and concerns can be resolved through discussion with the person in charge, but if you cannot satisfactorily resolve the issue you can make a formal complaint in writing to them and Ofsted.

Ofsted are responsible for regulating early years and childcare providers, and they will check to make sure that the registered person is complying with the conditions of their registration.

You can contact Ofsted by filling in an online form or

Email enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Phone 0300 123 4666

There is more information on the County Council website.